If you’re looking for a place to keep your business organized, look into Google Apps for Business. In our new training course, expert author Andy Anderson takes you through setting up the account and using all of the different apps in a business environment.
What are Google Apps?
Whether you’re creating a presentation, document, or spreadsheet, or emailing or chatting a colleague, Google Apps for Business allows you do all that, and more, as well as keeping everything organized for you on the cloud. It starts with having Google as the server – meaning all you need is an internet connection to get you started using Gmail, chat, video chat, organizing your personal and business information, or creating information in a variety of forms to share with others.
If it’s on the cloud, how secure is your stuff? Andy advises you to let Google worry about that. He explains that security updates and application updates are automatic, meaning you can relax and conduct your business knowing that Google is maintaining your security.
Why use Google Apps?
Here’s author Andy Anderson’s top 10 reasons to use Google Apps for Business:
- First and foremost, with Google Apps you get cloud storage – any time, place, and location you can access your stuff, as long as you’re connected to the internet.
- Organization – the cloud keeps everything together in one place.
- Calendar Resources – never double-book yourself in a meeting again! With Calendar Resources, simply keep up with your schedule, and let Google notify you if you’ve got a conflict in your calendar.
- Google Labs – there are a number of labs you can install. For example, in the Calendar app, there’s a lab you can install that will give you a world map of times, which could be handy if you work with people in other time zones.
- Chats, Video, and Phone Calls – call landlines right from your computer! These are handy because you can chat with someone and both look at the same documents at the same time.
- Google Groups – you can get together with a select group of people via email, web forum, Q&A forum, or collaborative inbox for a discussion.
- Collaborators – Google makes it really easy to share documents, presentations, spreadsheets, etc. You can all work on the same document at the same time, no matter where you are!
- Reports – create Gmail reports, calendar reports, or set alerts, all with Google Apps. It tells you what you need to know about your business and how it’s running. For example, you can set an alert to warn you if someone is trying too many passwords.
- Going Offline – download what you need from the cloud, then work wherever you want to, and send your work back to the cloud once you’ve got an internet connection! Perfect for if you’re traveling and don’t want to pay for a WiFi connection.
- Templates – extend your creativity to its limits with the thousands of templates available to choose from.
Check out the full course, and watch the free videos on the website, to learn more about how you can use Google Apps for your business needs!